The government of the United Kingdom (UK) offers merit-based scholarships to eligible and deserving students from all over the world. These scholarships are called Chevening Scholarships and they cover the cost of a year-long postgraduate degree in any course, at any university in the UK.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Host Country: UK
Host Institutions: Most universities in the UK
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate scholarship
Eligible Courses: Most Courses taken in the UK are eligible
Award Type: Full scholarship
Frequency of award: Annually
Applications for the Chevening scholarship 2023-2024 open on the 2nd of August, 2022, and close on the 1st of November, 2022.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be required to return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after finishing the postgraduate degree.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree that is relevant to the postgraduate course they wish to embark on
- Applicants must have at least two years of working experience.
- Applicants must meet the required English Proficiency standards.
- Applicants must have applied to three courses relevant to their undergraduate studies and must have been granted provisional admission to study in at least one of them.
- British citizens are ineligible for this scholarship
- Applicants who are employees, former employees, or related to employees of the British government or have been within the last two years are ineligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK-funded government scholarship are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Only full-time courses which are based in the UK are eligible for this scholarship.
- Courses must lead to a Master’s degree qualification, it must not be research-based.
- Courses must not be part-time, they must not be less than 9 months and not more than 12 months.
- Go to the Chevening website, choose your country, then choose the Chevening scholarship.
- Create an account
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application
- Complete the quiz on the website to ensure that you are eligible for this scholarship.
- Fill out the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Complete education document
- English language qualifications
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (you can upload up to three)
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (one)
- Passport and ID documents.
- Submit your application.
- Bachelor’s transcript and certificates
- Master’s transcripts and certificates
- Metric and FSC transcripts
- Course Summary
- Valid passport
- Chevening essay questions
- Europass CV
- Experience Letter
- University Admission Letter
- Reference letter
- Letter of motivation
- IELTS/ TOEFL (if applicable)
- Portfolio (if applicable).
- Tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance
- A departure allowance
- The coat of one visa application
- Grants to attend Chevening events